At this time, much to my regret, I am announcing that the 303 Open is going to be postponed. This decision has been weighing on me for the last couple of days. The last thing I wanted was to have to make any action, but after not being proactive enough for the Am weekend, I felt this decision had to be made, and made sooner then later.
The main component of this choice is based around the 303 layout at Camenisch, and the ability to have the course in playable conditions. My concern is about the teepads and overall safety of the players. There are 11 teepads on that layout that do not have concrete, and even if the snow were to melt off, it would still be very slick and soupy for more then a couple of days. I had first hand experience when a truck got stuck, last month, while retrieving the baskets after the AM weekend.
A variety of options were explored to keep this event intact as a sanctioned event this weekend, and none of there were truly viable. After discussions with Hyland Hills, CHU, the PDGA and our Colorado State PDGA Representative (John Bird), the next best and available weekend to move this sanctioned event was May 11th and 12th. If any player now has a conflict with the new date, please let me know and a refund will be issued.
On an up note, this Sunday, April 21st, we will be holding a one round, non-sanctioned event at CHU. I am working on all of the final arrangements for it, but here are the two things I know:
1. We will be playing the same layout as will be playing for the 303.
2. Someone will be walking away with cash and the tickets to the Denver Broncos Cheerleader Tryouts alter that afternoon.
I will send out another email with more finalized details on Sunday's event soon.
Once again, I am sorry to have had to make this decision, but I felt it was truly in the best interest of all people and players involved. Thanks again for your support in our premier event, and I hope to see you all in May.
Phenix Disc Sports
Remember your MHDGC discount
Support those who support your game!